The AgriFood Innovation Webinar aims to bring experts from Norway, Israel and Singapore to share trends in agrifood innovation, and discuss challenges and opportunities to develop a sustainable approach to address food security, improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture in Singapore and the regions.
Anne Jorun, Farmforce CEO, shared in her presentation on “Building Trust and Transparency through Digitizing Agricultural Value Chains” key insights regarding solutions that work on the ground. Successful solutions must:
- Address customer needs (comprehensive, efficient) + needs on the ground (simplicity, reliability)
- Backed and pushed by powerful actor – buyer, government, village chief – to overcome disincentives
- Implemented by a team that understands the dynamics
- Tested elsewhere – as little as possible for the first time
- Always expect the unexpected
Thanks to IPI Singapore, Innovation Norway, Republic Polytechnic and The Trendlines Group Agrifood Innovation Centre for organizing the event.