Bangkok, Thailand or Oslo, Norway – Full-time
At Farmforce, food’s first mile is our passion. Our SaaS solutions provide organizations with the confidence to secure sustainable sourcing, improve farmers’ quality of life and protect the environment. We turn data into tools, which means more vetted acres, more measurable impact on communities, more financial opportunities for farmers, and more clarity for customers. We believe in building a better food supply where it starts. Providing the confidence that comes from knowing the facts about your food sourcing operations in the first mile.
Farmforce customers span 32 countries across Africa, Asia, Europe, and South America. With over nine years of experience now managing over 735,000 farmers in 27 crop value chains in 15 languages on our platform. A continuous loop of innovation with our customers in the center of food’s first-mile journey.
- Role: System Administrator
- Reports to: Site Reliability Manager
Overall Purpose of Job
Manage and administrate companywide IT Infrastructure and perform day-to-day System Administration tasks
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor, maintain, and optimize company AWS-based Linux infrastructure
- Monitor servers and environments to ensure it does not disrupt the Customer’s day-to-day activities
- Responsible for the implementation, patching, and administration of IT Infrastructure services
- Provide support on day-to-day System Administration tasks
- Responsible for providing server, storage, database environment, monitoring, backup and restore per business requirement
- Perform troubleshooting, build construction solutions, recommend specific actions, and reporting results
- Monitor health, utilization, and performance and suggest improvement plans
- Implement System security policies and procedures to comply with Company Information Security Standard
- Coordinate with local teams, worldwide teams, partners, and vendors
- Support incident resolution in a timely manner
- Create Systems documentation and reports
- Document system changes through change management, process and procedures, configuration management, and incident management
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, or related field of study
- Experience with System Administration, Database Administration, and AWS
- Deep knowledge of Linux – we use Ubuntu and Amazon Linux 2
- Deep knowledge of PostgreSQL
- Deep understanding of networking and related topics
- Knowledge of IT security, and a security-first mindset
- Ability to automate tasks – experience with Shell scripts, Python, Perl or similar
- Experience with infrastructure in AWS – In particular VPCs, RDS, EC2, ECS, EFS, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, ALB, IAM, Route53, SES, S3
- Good written and oral English
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and products
Nice to Have
- Experience with Terraform, Datadog, Graylog, Jasperserver, JIRA, Reportserver.net, Sentry, TeamCity, Weblate, SonarQube, WSL
- Software development experience
What we offer
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Opportunity for growth for all employees
How Do I Apply?
If you’d love to work at Farmforce, just email firstname.lastname@example.org (referencing the job title you are applying for) with why you are a perfect fit for this role and attach a CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile.
You need to have the legal right to work in Thailand or Norway to be considered for this position.
For information on how we handle your personal data, please refer to our website here.