Software Delivery Project Manager
Bangkok, Thailand - Full-time
At Farmforce, food’s first mile is our passion. Our SaaS solutions provide organizations with the confidence to secure sustainable sourcing, improve farmers’ quality of life and protect the environment. We turn data into tools, which means more vetted acres, more measurable impact on communities, more financial opportunities for farmers, and more clarity for customers. We believe in building a better food supply where it starts. Providing the confidence that comes from knowing the facts about your food sourcing operations in the first mile.
Farmforce customers span 32 countries across Africa, Asia, Europe, and South America. With over nine years of experience now managing over 730,000+ farmers in 125+ crop value chains in 15 languages on our platform. A continuous loop of innovation with our customers in the center of food’s first-mile journey.
- Role: Software Delivery Project Manager
- Start date: ASAP
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
This position will provide management of Farmforce’s large and complex SaaS delivery projects with multinational customers. The holder of this position will also be involved in business development efforts and providing technical assistance to internal and external Farmforce clients.
Business analysis and documentation of client needs, frequently covering documentation of software requirements
Organizing and planning team activities to meet client goals and deadlines
Tracking progress and task completion of internal team members and external stakeholders to ensure client goals are accomplished within agreed deadlines
Updating clients in English (and other languages if possible) on project progress, task completion, and resolution of project issues
Liaising with the software development team to understand the delivery schedule of client features and bug fixes
Planning and managing testing of software delivered from the software development team to ensure high software quality on release
Advising, demonstrating, and training client personnel in the use of the system, especially for newly delivered modules
Assisting with ERP system integrations
Supporting and guiding clients in change management when introducing the system
Managing implementation logistics (international travel, visas, scheduling)
Any other activities required to fulfill project goals.
- 8+ years of progressively senior experience delivering client-facing projects for a for-profit software, financial services, mobile telecoms, or management consulting organization
- Experience with IT project management, mobile technology, and delivering projects in developing countries. The role will require strong organizational skills, project management experience, technical implementation experience, and an ability to communicate effectively with an international client base across many cultures
Very strong communication, organizational, and time management skills
The ability to speak and write business English to an international standard is required
Project Management – software project planning, analyzing task dependencies, creation of Gannt charts, tracking estimations vs actuals on effort and duration
Business analysis and documentation of technical and non-technical client requirements
Ability to prepare and present plans, approaches, and proposed software solutions to internal and external stakeholders
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint is essential. Knowledge of Access, SQL, and VBA is a plus
Right to work in Thailand
Additional skills that are a plus
- Experience with IT systems for commercial agriculture, microfinance, or ERP systems
- Knowledge of agricultural standards (GlobalGAP, Organic, UTZ), horticulture for export or smallholder farming in the developing world
- Ability to speak French, Portuguese, Spanish, or Bahasa Indonesia with sufficient fluency to participate in business meetings and provide system demonstrations
- Knowledge or experience with export agriculture (esp cocoa, coffee, nuts, fresh fruit), soft commodity trading, or consumer food products manufacturing
- Knowledge of agriculture and mobile technology in developing countries
Benefits and Compensation
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Opportunity for growth for all employees
How do I Apply?
If you’d love to work at Farmforce, just email email@example.com (referencing the job title you are applying for) why you’re a perfect fit for this role and attach a CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile.