Nairobi, Kenya – Full-time
At Farmforce, food’s first mile is our passion. Our SaaS solutions provide organizations with the confidence to secure sustainable sourcing, improve farmers quality of life and protect the environment. We turn data into tools, which means more vetted acres, more measurable impact on communities, more financial opportunities for farmers, and more clarity for customers. We believe in building a better food supply where it starts. Providing the confidence that comes from knowing the facts about your food sourcing operations in the first mile.
Farmforce customers span 30 countries across Africa, Asia, Europe, and South America. With over nine years of experience now managing over 700,000 farmers in 45 crop value chains in 15 languages on our platform. A continuous loop of innovation with our customers in the center of food’s first-mile journey.
- Role: Channel Development Director – East Africa
- Reports to: Head of Global Partnerships
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
As a Channel Development Director, you will build and develop a network of resellers across East Africa. The ideal candidate is comfortable in a fast-paced, technology-based customer-centric environment and has an instinct for and experience in B2B sales and sales through resellers.
The ideal candidate has 8+ years in SaaS or technology sales, ideally with a B2B background in agriculture or agtech in Africa. The individual needs to demonstrate a sense of urgency, passion in their work, a desire to deliver an amazing customer experience and hit revenue targets.
- Develop and manage a network of reseller partners.
- Identify the ideal reseller partners across East Africa and sign them up.
- Lead partner onboarding, training, empowerment & management.
- Lead partner enablement activities.
- Supervise key account management including payments, contract renewals, and account reviews.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of Farmforce’s value proposition, product, and offerings.
- Follow up with partners to ensure revenue objectives are met and contribute to Farmforce’s rapid growth.
- Participate in regular training and information sessions to learn about new Farmforce platform innovations.
- Interface and collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success teams on projects.
- 8+ years of work experience with a proven record of B2B success in SaaS, AgriTech, or Agriculture.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant equivalent experience.
- Excellent sales & account management, presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Success in developing relationships that create traction with decision-makers in target organizations.
- Strong prioritization, time management, and organizational skills.
- Thrives in a rapidly changing, fast-paced tech start-up environment.
- Ability to travel and work independently.
- Passion to meet objectives and close sales.
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English.
How Do I Apply?
If you’d love to work at Farmforce, just email firstname.lastname@example.org (referencing the job title you are applying for) why you’re a perfect fit for this role and attach a CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile.